Monday, July 5, 2010

Lately

Well, I can definitely say the last two weeks have been crazy! A couple of Friday's ago, I headed to LA (lower Alabama!) to visit my best friend from college and got a very scary phone call from my mom. My Paw Paw had had a heart attack and was rushed to the ER. They didn't think he would make it as his oxygen and blood pressure were extremely low. I turned around Saturday morning and headed back home. I was so worried. A temporary pacemaker, last minute open heart surgery on his main front artery and lots of sitting in the waiting room praying, he's home! We are so thankful and have truly felt God's presence in this situation. God's not finished using Paw Paw here on earth and I can't wait to see His plan! God is so good. Thank you to all my loyal friends who called, texted or emailed. Words cannot express how grateful I am to have each of you in my life.

One of the more positive things that came from this situation was that my mom and sister drove down. I don't get to see Mom that often since she & my dad live 10 hours away. It's been really nice spending some time with her. We had a girl's weekend going to a couple of movies and shopping and of course, eating! =)

I hope you have a great week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment